I laugh about it and joke about it but the Army PT with my son tonight about killed me!
That is no joke! I never realized just how out of shape I was.
After many years of doing construction I thought I was up to the challenge.
Army PT with my son tonight about killed me
I say that as a joke as stated above and I might seem like I am repeating myself and that is only because my brain is so scrambled.
Every part of my body hurts and aches.
I thought I could handle it, I thought I was up to the challenge, I really did!
Boy was I wrong.
I did manage to get some of the exercises done but not near as many as Stephen and Marco did, nowhere near!
I managed to do a total of almost 20 push ups and that surprised me, thought I didn’t have even that in me.
We did some other type of exercise that when I saw it I thought, heck…no problem.
It is when you hold your arms out from your body. They call it forward/ over head arm claps and something called apples.
I can barely hold my arms up to type this blog!
Types of exercises I attempted
- Push ups
- Forward/over head arm claps
- Apples drop em and pick em up (or something like that)
- Situps ( I did one fearing my ruptured disc would give me problems)
- Hello darlings ( they remind me of an intense leg lifts- something I did not attempt either)
- Flutter kicks (more legs lift type of exercises)
- Motivator: start with lifting up and down on your toes, then start jumping up and down, onto half of jumping jacks with your legs only then onto full jumping jacks and back down the order. I did get to 3 reps before I got goofy.
- Yoga hold (I got to almost 40 seconds)
- Run the Max Brewer Bridge in Titusville (almost 2 miles total)
As far as running the bridge, I started at a brisk run only to die out at about 1/4 way up. yes up as this is a very long bridge that
spans the Indian River and very tall at that.
I got to the top with walking then tried to jog down it thinking down is always easier…Boy was I so wrong on so many levels as
I couldn’t keep my heart in my chest any longer!
Seriously, I thought that was it for me!
To make a long story short, I walked the rest of it.
I stopped at the top twice to take pictures of the setting sun over Titusville which was so beautiful!
My son Stephen and his friend Marco came back up the bridge to see if I wasn’t laying on the side past out or dead from a heart
I joke but when doing so, was no joke!
Here are the specifications for the Max Brewer Bridge:
Length of bridge: 3,207 feet
Height of bridge: 65 feet
What type of traffic does this bridge support?: pedestrians, motor vehicles, bike,
What kind of gap does this bridge cross?:
The Indian River
Date constructed: May 15, 2009 through Jan 31, 2010
Is the bridge still in service for its original purpose?: Yes
Name of road or trail the bridge services: State Road 406 (Garden St.)
It and the PT was no fun but it showed me one thing for sure…
I am so out of shape!
I’m going again tomorrow 😉
Here is a few pictures I took at the top of the bridge: